I’ve been an avid follower of the IF comp for about five years now, have judged in the last few (you can too!) but have never blogged about it before. As the competition’s HUUUGE this year, I thought it only fair I pitch in by reporting back on at least enough to match IF.org’s judging criteria (five entries).
First of all, a few extra notes on my judging methods:
- I replayed as long as said replaying fitted within the allotted 2 hrs judging time, but only if I felt said replay would have an impact on my opinion on the game.
- I judged quite harshly on typos and even harsher on bugs, just because there are so many entries and so many are really great, it seems the only fair way to separate between some of them.
- I’ve used the scoring system as outlined by IF.org.
- I used the games page’s shuffle feature to randomly pick my five games, but may come back for more if I get time before judging closes.
- I’m trying to avoid major spoilers, but there may be mention of some story details, so if you want to go in completely cold, don’t read any further.